Social media – where Australians go to socialise and, increasingly, do business
Today almost 50% of Australian consumers access social media every day. In the 18-29 group the figure is almost 80%.
Yet only around 30% of small to medium businesses actively operate a social media engagement strategy (Sensis Social Media Report 2015). The Sensis report also found businesses that do use social media tend to be more successful.
The evidence supports social media as part of your marketing mix – and Hyperactive Digital can help you make it happen.
Why social media is marketing gold
- Electronic word of mouth. Word of mouth has always been the most powerful form of advertising. You trust the opinions of people within your social circle.
- ‘Earned media’ not ‘paid media’. When your message spreads from user to user – for example, by ‘likes’ on Facebook – people consider it more favourably because it appears to come from a trusted, third party source. It’s ‘earned media’ rather than ‘paid media’.
- A two-way conversation with your customers. Social media allows a business to listen to what people are saying about their brand and engage with a community of customers and prospects. It provides valuable, unfiltered feedback.
- Spread your message far and wide. We’ve all seen online content that goes viral. But even content that doesn’t go viral can spread quickly to your target audience with the compounding effect of social media.
- Drive traffic to your website and generate leads. Regular posts via Facebook or other channels that link to your website can drive qualified traffic to your website and generate leads and sales.
- Great for offers and competitions. Discounts, giveaways and coupons form the most popular type of content people look for in business social media (Sensis Social Media Report 2015).
- Compelling ROI. Social media marketing is an inexpensive option that can deliver excellent return on investment.
Get on the front foot
Many organisations are still nervous about using social media for their business.
At Hyperactive Digital we understand that it can impact your business even if you don’t participate.
Regardless of how you feel about it, social networking is here to stay and by not participating a company cannot prevent bad reviews from being posted. It is therefore better to respond and balance the negative tone than pretend it isn’t happening.
Research indicates that nearly two-thirds of people may change their opinions of a business if the company responds to a bad review (Sensis Social Media Report 2015).
Hyperactive’s social media marketing and management services
We do it all or work with your staff.
Hyperactive Digital can work with you in various ways. We can do regular updates on what’s happening in your business and create content, posts and responses for different target audiences. Or if you prefer, we can simply develop your social media strategy then train your in-house staff to manage your activity in-house.
As with any media planning it’s important to define the target market for your product or service then identify the most appropriate social media channels to engage with people online.
- Plus many more
We have all sorts of analytics tools at our fingertips to track what’s working and what needs to be fine-tuned to achieve the best possible return on investment.
Given its popularity, social media channels also offer compelling opportunities for paid advertising as part of your inbound marketing campaign.
To see how successful social media has been for one of our clients, please read this case study
* Source: Sensis Social Media Report May 2015; How Australian people and businesses are using social media